Reasons to Attend Global Youth Charter School
1. Small Class Sizes - Students learn in an intimate setting with a max 18:1 student teacher ratio.
2. Diverse Student Body - Our student body is unique, academically and ethnically. At Global Youth we treat each student as part of a unique family.
3. PE/Team Sports Program - Our PE program adds another distinction to our school. Students interested in athletics are guaranteed an opportunity to play sports. Sports range from boys and girls volleyball, to soccer, and to boys and girls basketball.
4. ASB Leadership Opportunities - Due to the size of our school, students interested in ASB and Leadership will have the opportunity to work on the school paper, being a school representative, creating the school yearbook, planning rallies and dances, all while participating in various other community out reach programs.
5. Community College Coursework - Students have the ability to take courses at American River Community College and Global Youth simultaneously. Students can earn college credits, complete a certificate of completion in a technical field, or even earn an associate's degree upon graduation.*
6. Extended Day Support - Students have the opportunity in the afternoon to work with their teacher advocate/mentor on homework assignments during our computer lab hours or within the math lab course. This support provides remediation, tutorial assistance, and time to complete homework/class projects.
7. Learning Teams - Students work in small learning teams throughout their 4 years of high school. The learning teams function as a support system for academics, community college coursework, and community service.
8. Strong Parental Support - Parents agree to an average of 10 hours of total volunteer time per year to work with the school and child. There will be a variety of options in which the parents can choose to fit their schedules.
9. Student Driven Activities - Students collaborate to develop school wide, student centered activities, e.g. athletics, leadership, conflict mediation, and other youth programs that encourage youth participation and leadership.
10. Flexible Scheduling - Seniors attending Global Youth are dismissed at noon - assuming they are passing all their courses. At Global, we desire to award students for their success by allowing them flexibility in their schedule.
* - Students interested in completing their associates degree while attending Global Youth will be required to take additional courses in the summer and in the evenings.